Thursday, June 16, 2011

Battle scars - take one


So one of the things that has changed most over my years of being diabetic, is the amount of times I feel it's necessary to check my blood sugar.  Do any of my fellow diabetics remember when people started testing on their toes?  Am I making this up?  Or did that, in fact happen?  Lately I feel as though I'm running out of spots!!  This is also the case for pump and sensor spots.  As I begin losing weight my fatty spots are dwindling, making pump locals sparse.  So...am I supposed to stay plump for pumps sake?

Anyway, hollar at me if you have the tiny black spots too.  They tend to get calloused as well.  Ah, the joys of compulsive blood sugar testing.  But, I guess it's better than not knowing whether your sugars are up & down all day.  Preparing for pregnancy means making sure your blood sugars stay consistent all day, and although the sensor does help, it's certainly not as accurate.  Plus, I find my sensor is, at least, 20-30 min behind my real-time sugars.

I prefer to stay informed, no matter how hole-y I may get.

1 comment: