Monday, June 20, 2011

Cheat or Treat?


So over the weekend we took a ride to the outlet stores at Woodbury commons.  While shopping I started to feel a little foggy and had a hard time focusing  which, while shopping, wasn't a good thing. In a collected panic I pulled out my machine and on top of a pile of clothes, checked my blood sugar.  38.  Whoa!! I took glucose tables but after 20 minutes, still didn't feel good (Enter candy vending machine).  Seeing as I'm diligently maintaining good blood sugar control, I rarely indulge myself.  So while some will call this 'cheating' I prefer to call it 'treating' a low blood sugar :)

One pack of starburst contains 12 pieces of yummy goodness, totaling 33 grams of carbs.  So you can have 6 pieces of starburst instead of glucose tablets.  If you're anything like me, finding ways to indulge a little bit will keep you sane.  Just don't eat the entire package!!  This is not easy.  You look at the pieces and think to yourself, "These don't look too bad."  But it's those moments that turn the treating into cheating.

Even those of you watching your diet, this is the moment where a good day becomes a bad day.  It's in those moments where you must consciously decide to make the right choice.  A series of good choices makes for weight lose and for me...a lower A1c (more on what this is later).

Tata for now :) - 5 days til Mexico!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment