Friday, June 17, 2011

Battle Scars - Take two (why don't you wear a bikini?)


Forget the fact that I've put on a few and don't feel it's appropriate to wear one.  I don't wear bikini's because my stomach looks like I've just recovered from chicken pox.  I mean, really?!?!?  A bikini?  Still, I love that my husband tells me I look beautiful, no matter what.  He really does mean it, and I really do believe him.  I fear my bikini days are over and I've turned my attention towards finding the sexiest, prettiest tankini I can find.  Tankini's also provide an additional advantage; a place to hang my pump discreetly. 

J.Crew makes a silhouette called the swing top that is extremely flattering.  The top has a little more room, which helps with hiding the pump!!  It also helps that these styles come in fashionable colors and prints :)
http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/swim/solids/PRDOVR~10271/10271.jsp

We leave for Mexico in a week and I've already begun to feel the anxiety of  eating and drinking on vacation.  How will I count carbs?  Why do I have to count carbs while I'm on vacation?  This is a VACATION.  Unfortunately, there is no vacationing from diabetes.  So, while basking in the sun and lounging around I will do my very best to stay on task.  I hope the hotel has measuring cups!!

Oh, P.S. for those of you who have scars and are looking to diminish them as quickly as possible.  The only thing that I've found that works for me is mederma.  It's a little expensive but worth every penny, as far as I'm concerned.  You have to apply it diligently, which is the only downside.  It takes several months to start seeing results.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I only occassionally get a red bump from my pump sight. I just looked at my stomach and I see one red bump from my last infusion site, and another red bump from my last sensor, but that's it. But it looks like we use different infusion sets. I use the one that goes straight into me where yours looks angled. Maybe you could try the one that I use and see if it helps any? Do you only use your stomach for your pump sites? I almost always use my stomach, but figured it was time I start switching it up some more to try to prevent scar tissue build up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Love the sticker residue left behind from your last infusion site. You can see it in the top pic to the right. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how hard I try, I can't get the sticker residue off!!! I use the angled pump one because I have a decent amount of scar tissue. This one goes in diagonally to it's closer to the top of the skin thus bypassing the scar tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay so to start off - it is about time you started blogging. this is going to be awesome. love it already. secondly, the jcrew bathing is my fave. i get it every year in a different color... and the boy shorts. love you!

    ReplyDelete