Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Welcome

Hello there.

There are some of you who may not know me and have happened upon this blog while attempting to google complicated questions into your browser search window.  All I have to say is...I've been there.  Over the last year and a half I've been probed, pricked, scrapped, scanned, and any other ed word you can think of while trying to get my 29 year old, type 1 diabetic body ready for pregnancy.  As if the 22 years of diabetes wasn't enough, my husband and I are navigating the all-too-common road of infertility.

I started this blog as a therapy for myself in hopes that allowing the potential "whole world" in on my issues will help me deal with the fact that my body just doesn't do what it should.  Whether or not THIS results in THAT, will remain to be seen.  I know that there are plenty of women with fertility issues and that there are plenty of women with type 1 diabetes.  But whether or not there are a ton of women out there with both, really doesn't matter to me.  All that really matters, right now, is that I HAVE BOTH.  Maybe you do too.  So, for that reason, I'm glad your here. 

My plan is to journal and update this page with as much information on the drama, testing and treatments that I have and will go through trying to conceive.  I'll even post the mundane yet comical day to day diabetic nonsense we go through!! When, yes WHEN I do get pregnant, I'll continue to blog about my journey as a pregnant type 1 diabetic!!

Thanks for stopping by!!  Good luck to any of you enduring this journey with me.

- Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment